Last week we made a plea for councilors to ask three questions:
- Local Receipts: How are we stacking up versus what was budgeted?
- North High: Why are we budgeting $3 million when the annual debt payment is closer to $1.4 million? How much money is in this fund?
- Elected officials on the health insurance plan: How much are elected officials, who join the health insurance plan, costing the City of Worcester…
Thank you Connie for asking number 2!!! Click here for the video and start at 2 hours and 23 minutes.
Reminder here were our 5 ideas is about $5 million dollars
5. North High debt: In 2014 we allocated approximately $1.4 million in the Five Point Plan for the North High Construction Fund. This makes sense since the annual payment on the North High debt is the same amount. In 2015, 2016 and now 2017 we are allocating over $3 million in the Five Point Plan for North High Construction Fund. Why are we putting as much is due into this fund?? Roll the annual amount back to the same level as in 2014 and we save approximately $1,500,000 million
buy norvasc online https://infoblobuy.com/norvasc.html no prescription
4. Wayfinder: If there is still time this needs to be stopped… $1,000,000 savings to the City of Worcester. Lived in Worcester my whole life and I do not understand some of these names.
3. Updated FY16 budget numbers for Local Receipts: In addition to our Property Tax Levy, we have income from other resources. It is a long list; for example, Hotel and meals tax, trash bag collection fees etc. In the 2016 budget we budgeted for 40,750,100 while the prior year (2015) was at 43,001.135– a reduction of $3,000,000. We are curious as to how the budgeted number this year of $40 million compares to the actual collections, especially in light of the big reduction from the prior year.
buy prednisone online https://infoblobuy.com/prednisone.html no prescription
Why does that make a difference? Approximately the same numbers (39,662,495) was budgeted for this next budget (2017). If the collections for this year are more like $42 million versus $40 then we could budget the $42 million for next year (2017) and take that off the levy.
Bottom line is that we need someone to ask the question as to what the actual local receipts will be for 2016?
2 Green Hill Country Club... The City of Worcester has gotten out of the hospital, nursing home and airport business. Now they should get out of the golf course business. Put the airport out to bid to be managed by golf management company and we would save the approximate $200,000 that we lose each year not to mention the savings down the road in pension and OPEB. If it is not too late, pull the plug on the $800,00 driving range that has no chance of making Green Hill profitable. Between the operational losses and the driving range, we would save approximately $1,000,000.
buy prelone online https://infoblobuy.com/prelone.html no prescription
# 1: Elected officials not eligible for employee benefits. As everyone knows the cost of health insurance is very expensive. A family plan participant in the City of Worcester group health plan conservatively costs the City of Worcester $12,000 per year. That is on the low side probably closing to $15,000 depending on the plan.